60. Koo, B., Choi, J.*, YANG, C., Nyachoti, M. 2020. Diet complexity and L-threonine supplementation: effects on growth performance, immune response, intestinal barrier function, and microbial metabolites in nursery pigs. Journal of Animal Science, in press.
59. Yang, C.*, Gong, J., Kennes, Y., Lepp, D., Yin, X., Wang, Q., Yu, H., YANG, C., Diarra, M. (2020). Effects of encapsulated cinnamaldehyde and citral on the performance and cecal microbiota of broilers vaccinated or not vaccinated against coccidiosis. Poultry Science.99(2): 936-948.
58. Choi, J.*, Wang, L., Ammeter, E., Lahaye, L., Liu, S., Nyachoti, M., YANG, C. (2020). Evaluation of lipid matrix microparticles for intestinal delivery of essential oils in weaned pigs. Translational Animal Science, 4(1): 411-422.
57. Choi, J. *, Li W.,* Schindell, B.,* Ni, L.,*, Liu, S.,* Zhao, X.,* Gong, J., Nyachoti, M., and YANG, C. (2020). Molecular cloning, tissue distribution and expression of cystine/glutamate exchanger in different tissues during development in broiler chickens. Animal Nutrition, 6: 107-114.
56. Jiang, Q.*, Wu, J., Yao, K., Yin, Y., Gong, M.M., YANG, C, Lin, F. (2019). A paper-based microfluidic DON-Chip for rapid and low-cost deoxynivalenol quantification in foods, feeds and feed ingredients. ACS Sensor, 4(11): 3072-3079.
55. Xiang, J., YANG, C, Liu, S.*, Beta. T., Yang, R.*. (2019). Phenolic profiles of edible tree peony flower and evaluation of their antioxidative capacity. Foods, 8(10), 471.
54. Jiang, Q.*, Zhang, H., Hui, Q.*, Chen, Y., Mats, L., Tsao, R., YANG, C. (2019). Anti-inflammatory effects of polyphenol-rich Red Osier Dogwood extracts in Caco-2 mono- and Caco-2/EA.hy926 co-culture models. Antioxidants, 8(10), 428.
53. Zhou, J., Wang, Z., Zhang, S., Lin, H., Gao, C., Zhao, J., YANG, C., Wang, X (2019). Methionine and its hydroxyl analogs improve stem cell activity to eliminate deoxynivalenol-induced intestinal injury by reactivating Wnt/β-catenin signaling. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 67(41):11464-11473.
52. Yang, R.*, Liu, S.*, Hui, Q.*, Wu, J., Lin, F., O, K., YANG, C. (2019). Effect of Manitoba-grown red-osier dogwood extracts on recovering Caco-2 cells from H2O2-induced oxidative damage. Antioxidants, 8, 250.
51. Tan, Z.*, Chekabab, S. M., Yu, H., Yin, X., Diarra, M. S., YANG, C., Gong, J. (2019). Growth and virulence of Salmonella Typhimurium mutants deficient in iron uptake. ACS Omega,4: 13218-13230.
50. Miao, J., Adewole*, Liu, S.*, Xi, P., YANG, C., Yin, Y. (2019). Tryptophan supplementation increases reproduction performance, milk yield and milk composition in lactating sows and production performance of their piglets. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 67(18): 5096-5104.
49. Singh, H., Li, W., Kazemian, M., Yang, R.*, YANG, C., Logsetty, S., Liu, S. (2019). Lipase-responsive electrospun theranostic wound dressing for simultaneous recognition and treatment of wound infection. ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2(5):2028-2036.
48.Jiang, Q. *, Chen, J., YANG, C., Yin, Y., and Yao, K. (2019). Quorum sensing: a prospective therapeutic target for bacterial diseases. BioMed Research International. ID 2015978. doi.org/10.1155/2019/2015978.
47. Zhao, X.*, Schindell, B.*, Li, W.*, Ni, L.*, Liu, S.*, Charith U.B. Wijerathne, Gong, J., Nyachoti, M., O, K., and YANG C. (2019). Distribution and localization of porcine calcium sensing receptor (pCaSR) in different tissues of weaned piglets. Journal of Animal Science, 97(6):2402–2413.
46.Liu, S.*, Adewole, D.*, Yu, L.*, Sid, V., Wang, B., O, K., YANG, C. (2019). Rutin attenuates inflammatory responses induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in in vitro mouse muscle cell (C2C12) model. Poultry Science, 98(7):2756-2764.
45. Yang, X., Liu, Y., Yan, F., YANG, C., Yang X. (2019). Effects of encapsulated organic acids and essential oils on intestinal barrier, microbial count, and bacterial metabolites in broiler chickens. Poultry Science, 98(7):2858-2865.
44. Li, C., Wang, J., Zhang, H., Wu, S., Hui, Q.*, YANG, C., Qi, G., Fang, R. (2019). Effects of dietary supplementation with different kinds of Bacillus spp. as probiotics on growth performance, intestinal morphology and microflora composition in broiler chickens. Frontier in Physiology, doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2018.01968.
43. Omonijo, F. A.*, Liu, S.*, Hui, Q.*, Zhang, H., Lahaye, L., Bodin, J. C., Gong, J., Nyachoti, M., and YANG, C. (2019). Thymol improves barrier function and attenuates inflammatory responses in porcine intestinal epithelial cells during lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammation. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 67 (2): 615–624.
42. Omonijo FA*, Kim S, Wang Q, Gong J, Lahaye L, Bodin JC, Nyachoti M, Liu Song, and YANG C. (2018). Development of novel microparticles for effective delivery of thymol and lauric acid to pig intestinal tract. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 66(37): 9608-9615.
41. Yang X, Long F, Xin H, YANG C, Yang X. Impact of essential oils and organic acids on the growth performance, digestive functions and immunity of broiler chickens. Animal Nutrition, 2018, 4(4): 388-393.
40. Hassan YI, Lahaye L, Gong MM, Peng J, Gong J, Liu S, Gay C, and YANG C. Innovative Drugs, Chemicals, and Enzymes within the Animal Production Chain: A Report from the Second Alternatives to Antibiotics Symposium. (2018). Veterinary Research. 2018, 49:71.
39. Yang X, Yin F, Yang Y, Lepp D, Yu H, Ruan Z, YANG C, Yin Y, Hou Y, Lesson S, Gong J. (2018). Dietary butyrate glycerides modulate intestinal microbiota composition and serum metabolites in broilers. Scientific Report, 5: 4940.
38. Omonijo FA, Ni L, Gong J, Wang Q, Lahaye L, and YANG C. (2018). Essential oils as alternatives to antibiotics in swine production. Animal Nutrition, 4: 126-136.
37. Liu Y, Yang X, Xin H, Chen S, YANG C, Duan Y, Yang X. Effects of a protected inclusion of organic acids and essential oils as antibiotic growth promoter alternative on growth performance, intestinal morphology and gut microflora in broilers. Animal Science Journal, 88(9); 1414-1424.
36. Kim E, Leung H, Akhtar N, Li J, Barta J, Wang Y, YANG C, and Kiarie E. (2017). Growth performance, gastrointestinal measurements and apparent retention of components in broiler chickens fed corn-soybean meal diet without or with exogenous epidermal growth factor upon challenge with Eimeria. Poultry Science, 96(10): 3676-3686.
35. Sun YH, Xie LH, Zhuo X, Chen Q, Dalia Ghoneim D, Zhang B, Jagne J, YANG C, Li XZ. Domestic chickens activate a piRNA defense against avian leukosis virus. eLife, 2017, 6:e24695.
34. Lackeyram D, YoungD, Kim CJ, YANG C, Archbold TL, Mine Y and Fan MZ. Interleukin-10 is differentially expressed in the small intestine and the colon experiencing chronic inflammation and ulcerative colitis induced by dextran sodium sulfate in young pigs. Physiological Research, 2017, 66: 147-162.
33. Yang C., X. Yang, and M.Z. Fan. (2017). Apical Na+-dependent neutral amino acid exchanger ASCT2/ATB0 and mTOR-signaling components are expressed along the entire jejunal crypt-villus axis in young pigs fed a liquid milk replacer. Canadian Journal of Animal Science, 97(1): 19-29. doi: 10.1139/cjas-2016-0021.
32. Huang B, Xiao D, Tan B, Xiao H, Wang J, Yin J, Duan J, Huang R, Yang C, and Yin Y. Chitosan oligosaccharide reduces intestinal inflammation that involves calcium-sensing receptor (CaSR) activation in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-challenged piglets. J Agric Food Chem, 2016, 64: 245-252.
31. Yin F., H. Yu, D. Lepp, X. Shi, X. Yang, J. Hu, S. Leeson, C. Yang, S. Nie, Y. Hou, and J. Gong. (2016). Transcriptome analysis reveals regulation of gene expression for lipid metabolism in young broilers by butyrate glycerides. PloS One, 11(8): e0160751.
30. Yang C., X. Yang, D. Lackeyram, T.C. Rideout, Z. Wang, B. Stoll, Y. Yin, D.G. Burrin, and M.Z. Fan. (2016). Expression of apical Na+-l-glutamine co-transport activity, B0 transporter B0AT1, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and SLC6A19 along the jejunal crypt-villus axis in young pigs fed a liquid formula. Amino acids, 48: 1491-1508.DOI:10.1007/s00726-016-2210-7.
29. Zuo J., B. Ling, L. Long, T. Li, L. Lahaye, C. Yang, and D. Feng. (2015) Effect of dietary supplementation with a protease on the growth performance, nutrient digestibility, intestinal morphology, digestive enzymes and gene expression in weaned piglets. Animal Nutrition, 276-282.
28. Xiong X., H. Yang, B. Tan, C. Yang, M. Wu, G. Liu, S. W. Kim, T. Li, L. Li, J. Wang, G. Wu, and Y. Yin. (2015). Differential effect of early-weaning on energy metabolism along the crypt-villus axis in pig small intestine. American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology, 309: G229-237.
27. Yang C., M.A.K. Chowdhury, Y. Hou, and J. Gong. (2015). Phytogenic compounds as alternatives to in-feed antibiotics: potentials and challenges in application. Pathogens 4:137-156.
26. Mine Y., D. Young, and C. Yang. (2015). Antioxidative stress effect of phosphoserine dimers is mediated via activation of the Nrf2 signaling pathway. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research 59:303-314.
2013 and before
25. Yang C., P. Rupa, H. Kanatani, A. Nakamura, M. Ibuki, and Y. Mine. (2013). Therapeutic effect of β -1, 4-mannobiose in a Balb/c mouse model of intranasally-induced pollen allergy. Allergology International 62:65-76.
24. Yang C., P. Rupa, H. Kanatani, A. Nakamura, M. Ibuki, and Y. Mine. (2013). Prophylaxis of intranasally-induced pollen allergy in a Balb/c mouse model using β -1, 4-mannobiose. Allergology International 62:53-64.
23. Zhang T., C. Yang, P. Babu, B. Zhang, and Y. Mine. (2012). Inhibitory effects of Quillaja saponin on IgE-mediated degranulation of rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells. Journal of Functional Foods 4:864-871.
22. Gong J., and C. Yang. (2012). Advances in the methods for studying gut microbiota and their relevance to the research of dietary fiber functions. Food Research International 48:916-929.
21. Xu C., C. Yang, Y. Yin, J. Liu, and Y. Mine. Phosphopeptides (PPPs) from hen egg yolk phosvitin exert anti-inflammatory actitity via modulation of cytokine expression. (2012). Journal of Functional Foods 4:718-726.
20. Yang C., D.M. Albin, Z. Wang, B. Stoll, D. Lackeyram, K.C. Swanson, Y.L. Yin, K.A. Tappenden, Y. Mine, R.Y. Yada, D.G. Burrin, and M.Z. Fan. (2011). Apical Na+-D-glucose co-transporter 1 (SGLT1) activity and protein abundance are expressed along the jejunal crypt-villus axis in the neonatal pig. American Journal of Physiology - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 300: G60-G70.
19. Lackeyram D, C. Yang, T. Archbold, K.C. Swanson, and M.Z. Fan. (2010). Early weaning reduces small intestinal alkaline phosphatase expression in pigs. The Journal of Nutrition 140:461-468.
18. Kim C., J.A. Kovacs-Nolan, C. Yang, T. Archbold, M.Z. Fan, and Y. Mine. (2010). L-Tryptophan exhibits therapeutic function in a porcine model of dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced colitis. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry 21:468-475.
17. Yang M., C. Yang, and Y. Mine. (2010). Multiple T-cell epitope peptides suppresses allergic responses in egg allergy mouse model by elicitation of FOXP3 and TGFβ - associated mechanisms. Clinical & Experimental Allergy 40:668-678.
16. Yang M., C. Yang, F. Nau, M. Pasco, L.R. Juneja, T. Okubo, and Y. Mine. (2009). Immunomodulatory effects of egg white enzymatic hydrolysates containing immunodominant epitopes in a BALB/c mouse model of egg allergy. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 57:2241–2248.
15. Kim C., J.A. Kovacs-Nolan, C. Yang, T. Archbold, M.Z. Fan, and Y. Mine. (2009). L-Cysteine supplementation reduces local inflammation and restores gut homeostasis in a dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced porcine model of colitis. Biochemica and Biophysica Acta 1790:1161-1169.
14. Lee M., J.A. Kovacs-Nolan, C. Yang, T. Archbold, M.Z. Fan, and Y. Mine. (2009). Hen egg lysozyme attenuates inflammation and modulates local gene expression in a porcine model of dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced colitis. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 57:2233-2240.
13. Yang, X., C. Yang, A. Farberman, T. C. Rideout, C. F. M. de Lange, J. France and M.Z. Fan. (2008). The Mammalian target of rapamycin-signaling pathway in regulating metabolism and growth. Journal of Animal Science 86 (E. Suppl.): E36-E50.
12. Yang H., A. K. Li,. Y.L. Yin, T.J. Li, Z.R. Wang, G. Wu, R.L. Huang, X.F. Kong, C. Yang, P. Kang, J. Deng, S.X. Wang, B.E. Tan, Q. Hu, F.F. Xing, X. Wu, Q.H. He, K. Yao, Z.J. Liu, Z.R. Tang, F.G. Yin, Z.Y. Deng, M.Y. Xie and M.Z. Fan. (2007). True phosphorus digestibility and the endogenous phosphorus outputs associated with brown rice for weanling pigs measured by the simple linear regression analysis technique. Animal 1:213-220.
11. Kong X.F., G. Wu,Y.P. Liao, Z.P. Hou, H.J. Liu, F.G. Yin, T.J. Li, R.L. Huang, Y.M. Zhang, D. Deng, M.Y. Xie, Z.Y. Deng, H. Xiong, Z. Ruan, P. Kang, C. Yang, Y.L. Yin and M.Z. Fan. (2007). Dietary supplementation with Chinese herbal ultra-fine powder enhances cellular and humoral immunity in early-weaned piglets. Livestock Science 108:94-98.
10. Kong X.F., G.Y. Wu, Y.P. Liao, Z.P. Hou, H.J. Liu, F.G. Yin, T.J. Li, R.L. Huang, Y.M. Zhang, D. Deng, P. Kang, R.X. Wang, Z.Y. Tang, C. Yang, Z.Y. Deng, H. Xiong, W.Y. Chu, Z. Ruan, M.Y. Xie, Y.L. Yin. (2007). Effects of Chinese herbal ultra-fine power as a dietary additive on growth performance, serum metabolites and intestinal health in early-weaned piglets. Livestock Science 108:272-275.
9. Li L.L., Z.P. Hou, Y.L. Yin, Y.H. Liu, D.X. Hou, B. Zhang, G.Y. Wu, S.W. Kim, M.Z. Fan, C. Yang, X.F. Kong, Z.R. Tang, H.Z. Peng, D. Deng, Z.Y. Deng, M.Y. Xie, H. Xiong, P. Kang and S.X. Wang. (2007). Intramuscular administration of zinc metallothionein to preslaughter stressed pigs improves anti-oxidative status and pork quality. Asian-Australian Journal of Animal Sciences 20:761-767.
8. Gong J., W. Si, R.J. Forster, R. Huang, H. Yu, Y. Yin, C. Yang, and Y. Han. (2007). 16S rRNA gene-based analysis of mucosa-associated bacterial community and phylogeny in the chicken gastrointestinal tracts: from crops to ceca. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 59: 147-157.
7. Huang R., Z. Deng, C. Yang, Y. Yin, M. Xie, G. Wu, T. Li, L. Li, Z. Tang, P. Kang, Z. Hou, D. Deng, H. Xiang, X. Kong, Y. Guo. (2007). Dietary oligochitosan supplementation enhances immune function of broilers. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 87:153-159.
6. Kong X., Y. Hu, Y. Yin, G. Wu, R. Rui, D. Wang, and C. Yang. (2006). Chinese herbal ingredients are effective immune stimulators for chickens infected with the Newcastle disease virus. Poultry Science 85:2169-2175.
5. Cai T., L. Jiang, C. Yang, and K. Huang. (2006). Application of real-time PCR for quantitative detection of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from seafood in eastern China. FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology 46:180-186.
4. Yang C., A.K. Li, Y.L. Yin, R.L. Huang, T.J. Li, L.L. Li, .P. Liao, Z.Y. Deng, J. Zhang, B. Wang, Y.G. Zhang, X. Yang, J. Peng, and M.Z. Fan. (2005). Effects of dietary supplementation of cysteamine on growth performance, carcass quality, serum hormones and gastric ulcer in finishing pigs. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 85:1947-1952.
3. Yang C., Y. Jiang, K. Huang, C. Zhu, Y. Yin, J. Gong, and H. Yu. (2005). A real time PCR assay for the detection and quantitation of Campylobacter jejuni using SYBR Green I and the Lightcycler. Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine 77:125-132.
2. Tang Z.R., Y.L. Yin, M.C.M. Nyachoti, R.L. Huang, T.J. Li, C. Yang, X.J. Yang, J. Gong, J. Peng, D.S. Qi, J.J. Xing, Z.H. Sun, and M.Z. Fan. (2005). Effect of dietary supplementation of chitosan and galacto-mannan-oligosaccharide on serum parameters and the insulin-like growth factor-I and growth hormone concentration and gene expression of insulin-like growth factor-I mRNA expression in early-weaned piglets. Domestic Animal Endocrinology 28:430-441.
1. Yang C., Y. Jiang, K. Huang, C. Zhu, and Y. Yin. (2003). Application of real-time PCR for quantitative detection of Campylobacter jejuni in poultry, milk and environmental water. FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology 38:265-271.